All aspiring candidates have to appear in the Pre Entry Test (PET)-2020 for admission into 2- Year Diploma in Elementary Education (D.El.Ed.) Course. In this post, we will see the syllabus for 2 – Year Diploma in Elementary Education (D.El.Ed.) Course. And you may also download in pdf form.
Details on SCERT, Assam D.El.Ed. Syllabus for PET 2020:
The Test shall have Two Sections: Section-I and Section-II
Total Marks: 100
Time: 2 hours
Type of question: MCQ
Number of question: 100
Mark carried by each question: 1
- The performance of the candidates shall be evaluated both on the basis of correct and incorrect responses recorded on the OMR sheet.
- For every incorrect response, 0.25 mark shall be deducted from the total marks secured by the candidate for correct responses.
- More than one response given to a question will be treated as incorrect response.
Section: I [ 35 marks ]
A. General English 10 marks
B. General Knowledge 15 marks
C. Reasoning 10 marks
Section: II [ 65 marks ]
A. General Mathematics 15 marks
B. General Science & EVS 15 marks
C. Social Science 20 marks
D. Language (Assamese/Bangla/Bodo) 15 marks
- A. General English:
vocabulary, tenses, verbs, preposition, comprehension, voice-change, narration, adverbs, synonyms, antonyms
- B. General Knowledge:
Current affairs, who is who, abbreviations, the constitution of India, History of Assam, Inventions and discoveries, Sports. Art and culture, Every day Science, World Organizations, Geography of India, Educational Commissions and Committees, New Educational Initiatives, Educational Organizations
- C. Reasoning:
Logical and analytical reasoning ,pattern etc.
- Numbers: Natural, Whole, even and odd numbers, prime and composite numbers, place value, four fundamental operations of the number, factors and multiples, prime factors, LCM and HCF, ascending and descending order.
- Fractions: Concept of fraction and its uses,
- Percentage: Concept of percentage, solving problems involving percentage, profit and loss.
- Money: Concept of money, solving problems involving money.
- Geometry: Angles, types of angles, types of triangle, types of quadrilateral, circle.
- Measurement: Length, area, volume and perimeter of different geometrical figures, Measurement of weight and time.
- Data handling: Representation of data, Bar diagram, Pie diagram.
- Square & square root: Concept of square root, solving problems involving square root.
- Ratio and proportion
- Simple algebraic equation.
B. Science & Environmental Science
- Natural and Social Environment,
- Factors influencing environment.
- Causes of environmental degradation: Air, water, sound and soil pollution.
- Environmental Issues: Flood, erosion, earthquake, deforestation, population explosion.
- Environmental protection- Constitutional provision, Protection Acts, Role of individual and local bodies, NGOs and Government.
- Different states and characteristics of matter, physical and chemical change,
- Chemical reaction,
- Force, energy, motion
- * Cell–Plant and animal cell, structures
- Adaptation in plants, reproduction in plants
- Heat and temperature, measurement of temperature
- Acid, Bases and Salt
- Light and Reflections
- Weather and climate
- Respiration in organism and in plants
C. Social Science
- Natural and human resources
- Atmosphere and its different layers
- Freedom movement of India and role of India
- Constitution of India and its importance
- Democracy and its principles
- Rise and fall of Ahom kingdom
- Ancient urban civilization
- Government: State and Central
- Earth and its structure
- Consumer protection and right
- Role of financial institutions in the socio-economic development of the society
- Transport and communication
- Agricultural and Industrial development
- India after independence
- Contribution of medieval administrators on socio-economic development in Assam.
- Objectives of Language learning
- Importance of language learning
- Application of phrases and idioms
- Skills of language learning (listening, speaking, reading and writing skill).
- Methods of language teaching
- Difference between home language and mother tongue
- Suffix, prefix, gender, coalescence of two words according to rules of grammar(sandhi)
- The verb and number (singular and plural)
- Reading Comprehension Test
- Nattabidhi, Sattabidhi
Download PDF (Link)
Latest Job Alerts
A notification has been published by the District Rural Development Agency (DRDA), North Garo Hills District, Resubelpara for the recruitment of 01 post of Accounts Assistant. Go …
A notification has been published by the Director of Instruction Regional Fisheries Training Institute (RFTI), Amranga, Kamrup for the recruitment of 02 posts of Driver and Power Pump …
A notification has been published by the Assam State Warehousing Corporation (ASWC) Guwahati for the recruitment of Manager (Finance & Accounts) Vacancy under the Assam State …
A notification has been published by the Directorate of Elementary Education (DEE), Assam regarding the publication of Provisional Merit Lists for the recruitment …
A notification has been published by the Administrative Medical Officer, ESI Scheme, Assam for the recruitment of 17 Driver & Grade-IV vacancy under the establishment of …
A notification has been published by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) for the recruitment of 241 “Security Guard” vacancies in various offices of the Bank. Go …
A notification has been published by the N N Saikia College, Titabar for the recruitment of 6 Assistant Professor vacancy. Go through the details …
A notification has been published by the Chief Engineer (PHE) Water, Assam for the recruitment of 9 Grade-III & Grade-IV posts in the Office of the Chief Engineer …